You should choose the best moving magnet cartridge depending on your needs and conveniences. Different types of moving magnet cartridge are available in the market to fulfill different needs. Some of them may be the best in quality but may not serve the purpose of your requirement. So, it is better to understand and evaluate your needs and check out the items to see what fits your needs best.
We have selected the most essential products on the market and provided short features to let you quickly check them. With our buying guide and tips, you can choose the items that fit you the best.
10 Best moving magnet cartridge Reviews and Guide in 2022
Check out the top 10 moving magnet cartridge Reviews to see what product offers you the best value and usefulness.
1. Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 Ebony-body MM moving-magnet Phono Cartridge
- Clearaudio Virtuoso v2 MM (Moving Magnet) Phono Cartridge
2. Audio-Technica VM760SLC Dual Moving Magnet Special Line Contact Stylus Stereo Turntable Cartridge
- Special line contact stylus traces record grooves with incredible accuracy and minimum abrasion for nuanced audio reproduction, low distortion and low record wear
- Dual magnets match the left and right channels in a stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response
- Center shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- Includes aluminum tapered cantilever and mounting hardware
- Paratoroidal coils improve generating efficiency
- Die-cast aluminum alloy housing reduces vibration and adds a natural electrical shield
- Goldring gl2500 turntable cartridge
- Stylus is replaceable
- Upgrade to the Ortofon 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Bronze
- The Ortofon 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond with a slim, highly polished profile
- The Ortofon 2M Black offers the best of everything, true to the groove
- Universal fit for most turntables
5. Audio-Technica AT-ART9XA Dual Moving Coil Cartridge
- Using PCOCC (Pure Copper Ohno Continuous Cast) wire for the coils achieves pure signal transfer
- A complete redesign of the armature offers a 20% increase in the cross-sectional area of the generator coil to provide an output voltage of 0.2 mV
- The dual moving coils of the system are aligned in an inverted V shape, which provides high separation and wide response for clear sound localization and minimal distortion
- The Shibata stylus ensures accurate high and mid-low range reproduction, and the boron cantilever provides excellent response characteristics
- The specially designed magnetic circuit optimizes energy in the magnetic gap where the generator coils are located
6. Hana MC Moving-Coil Stereo Cartridge with Nude Microline Tip – ML (Low Output)
- Hana MC Moving-Coil Stereo Cartridge with Nude Microline Tip – ML (Low Output)
- Upgrade from stock cartridges
- Can be upgraded with an Ortofon Stylus 2M Blue
- The Ortofon 2M Red features an Elliptical diamond
- Universal fit for most turntables
- The Ortofon 2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
8. Audio-Technica AT-VM95ML Dual Moving Magnet Turntable Cartridge Red
- Compatible with any at-vmn95 Replacement stylus
- M Series dual Magnet cartridge with 2.2 x 0.12 mil Micro-Linear stylus
- Aluminum cantilever
- Threaded inserts in cartridge body enable cartridge to be mounted to head shell with just two screws – no nuts required
- Durable low-resonance polymer Housing
- The Goldring 1000 series are advanced moving magnet designs that embrace all the advantages of modern phono-cartridge technology, including improved tracking ability and user-replacement stylus assembly allowing the immediate replacement of worn or damaged Styli.
- The Goldring 1042 is a cartridge for the audiophile who demands the ultimate performance from his system. The extended groove contact of it’s Gyger S diamond gives the 1042 unsurpassed resolution of fine groove modulations, producing exceptionally detailed, smooth and musical sound quality. A good moving magnet for mid-budget turntables.
- The 1000 Series are each endowed with a highly efficient magnetic circuit which makes for a smooth and extended frequency response. As with all Goldring cartridges, the 1000 Series is rigorously tested to ensure optimum standards of performance and reliability.
- The four 1000 Series cartridges all share the same strong, one-piece body made from Pocan, an ultra-rigid glass-reinforced polyester. All fixed parts can be held securely in place and the body can be tightly bolted to the headshell.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz±3dB Channel Balance: 2dB @ 1kHz Channel Separation: 25dB @ 1kHz Sensitivity: 6.5mV±1.5dB, 1kHz @ 5 cm/sec Static Compliance: 24mm/N lat., 16mm/N vert Equivalent tip mass: 0.45 mg Vertical Tracking Angle: 24° Stylus Radius: Gyger S Stylus Type: Replaceable Load Resistance: 47,000 Ohm Load Capacitance: 150-200pF Internal Inductance: 570 mH Internal Resistance: 660 Ohm Cartridge Weight: 6.3g Fixing Center: 12.7mm Playing Weight: 1.5-2.0g (1.7g nom.)
10. Goldring 1012GX Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge
- GOLDRING G 1012GX Moving Magnet Cartridge
What Features and Facts Did We Consider to Choose the Best moving magnet cartridge
For choosing the correct list of the moving magnet cartridge we have considered some of the products’ aspects and suggest our users do so. Here are the factors to look at.
A brand’s value is the sum total of how much consumers are willing to pay for its goods or services. This can be affected by many factors, including the quality of the moving magnet cartridge, the perceived value of the brand, and the emotional connection consumers feel with the brand.
A strong brand can command a premium price, while a weak brand may have to discount its products to attract buyers.
So, we have considered the brand value for choosing a product.
Features of the Product
When buying a moving magnet cartridge, it is essential to check the features to ensure you get what you want. Some features to look for include:
- The size of the item
- The color of the product
- The correct weight to choose
- What materials did it use?
- The shape of the item
- The design of the moving magnet cartridge.
- The right price
- The warranty of the product
Does it Come with a Warranty?
When making a big purchase, it is essential to consider the item’s warranty. If something goes wrong with the item, the warranty will cover the repair or replacement costs. Most warranties last for a year, but some may last longer. We have considered warranty an essential factor in choosing a moving magnet cartridge.
Guides on User Rating
When looking at user ratings, we keep a few things in mind. The first is that ratings are often skewed towards the extremes, with more people rating something as 5 stars or 1 star than something in the middle. This means you should take the average rating with a grain of salt.
Another thing to remember is that people who take the time to leave a rating usually do so because they either loved or hated the moving magnet cartridge. This means that you should pay more attention to the reviews that people leave than the rating itself.
Finally, we considered that user ratings are just one tool you can use to decide. They should not be the only factor you consider when purchasing.
Consideration on Specifications
When it comes to making a big purchase for the right moving magnet cartridge, it is essential to do the research and compare different moving magnet cartridge options before making a decision.
One of the main things we considered is the specifications of the product. This can include features, size, weight, price, and more. By taking the time to compare the specifications of different products, you could find the one that is the best fit for you and your needs.
Our Evaluation of Quality of the Product
When customers are looking to make a purchase, one of the critical considerations is the quality of the moving magnet cartridge. Customers want to know that they are getting a well-made product that will last. This is why quality is such an important consideration when customers are making a purchase. Quality products are crucial to customer satisfaction and can help build brand loyalty.
So, to make the review section, anyone should evaluate the quality of the products to make the right choice.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How Did We Come Up with The List for This Buying Guide?
First, our algorithms gathered as much information on these items as possible from reliable sources. We collect information by analyzing vast amounts of data. Then, using industry-standard criteria, specialists assessed them on their quality-to-price ratio, allowing us to select the top moving magnet cartridge on the market!
How Much Money Should We Spend to Buy moving magnet cartridge?
Before deciding on a pricing range for a product, consider its quality and how long it will endure. Determine how essential the product is to you and how long it will serve you. Then compare that to its quality.
If you are not going to use the moving magnet cartridge for a long time, you do not need a quality that will endure a long time; thus, do not make your pricing range too high.
On the other hand, if you intend to use it for an extended period and regularly, you will require a high-quality item. As a result, a more significant price range would not be an issue.
How to Maintain the Item Properly
No matter what you are using, whether it’s an electric item, clothing, or other appliance, you want to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your product to make it last longer.
Clean the Product Regularly
One of the best ways to extend the life of any item is to clean it regularly. This is especially true for items that see a lot of use. Keeping the moving magnet cartridge clean can prevent dirt and grime from building up and causing wear and tear. In addition, regular cleaning can help you spot any potential problems early on before they have a chance to cause severe damage.
Where to Keep the moving magnet cartridge
When storing your belongings, be sure to keep the moving magnet cartridge in a cool and dry place. This will help to keep them in good condition and prevent them from becoming damaged. If possible, store them in a climate-controlled environment to further protect them.
Don’t Expose it to Extreme Heat/Wet conditions
It is best to avoid exposing the moving magnet cartridge in heat and humid environments. The item can absorb moisture from the air, leading to warping and cracking. The item can also expand and contract in extreme temperatures, which can cause the finish to crack or peel.
Don’t Put it Around Harsh Chemicals
Avoiding contact with harsh chemicals is essential for protecting the condition of moving magnet cartridge. These chemicals can be found in many standard household products, including cleaners, detergents, and pesticides.
They can also be found in some workplaces. Exposure to harsh chemicals can destroy your products or reduce their durability of the product. Taking some steps to avoid contact with these chemicals can help keep you safe.
Keep it in a Clean Place
It is essential to keep your moving magnet cartridges in a clean space to enhance their longevity. This means avoiding places with excessive dust, dirt, or moisture, which can lead to damage and premature deterioration.
Taking care of your products will help them last longer and perform better, so it’s worth creating a safe, clean environment for them.
My Two Cents on This Buying Guide
Finding a good product can be difficult. I recommend considering only products that offer premium features at an affordable price.
I like products that make buying more manageable, rather than piling new features onto old products. I also recommend products that have excellent customer service. You want a product you’ll use for a long time, so customer service matters.
You can easily select the best moving magnet cartridge by reading our brief reviews and description area. In conclusion, you should read the item’s description carefully to choose the best item. The description should contain information about the item, such as the type, color, size, material, brand, usage, decorations, etc.