So many options available on the market, but what is the best variable neutral density filter for you?
While it may be challenging to choose the correct item for your needs, especially with the vast choices available in
the market. But with proper guidance, it is not impossible. With thorough research on different reviews, you can
choose the correct item, but in this case, that will be time-consuming as well.
So, here we have reviewed the perfect variable neutral density filter choices for you in this article, giving a piece brief information
on their features and advantages. We have also provided the buying consideration guidance by answering some tricky
questions to help you get your best item within a rapid session.
Top 10 Picks for the Best variable neutral density filter
Our selection process has picked the most popular and positive items on the market and provided brief feature reviews to help our visitors.
Check out the variable neutral density filter reviews to learn more.
1. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens + Variable Neutral Density Filter (ND2-ND400), 6PC Gradual Color Filter Kit(Purple, Grey, Blue, Red, Orange
- Weather-Sealed Construction; Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System; Focus Range Limiter; Optical Image Stabilizer
- Bundle Includes: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens, Manufacturer Accessories, 6PC Gradual Color Filter Kit, Multi-Coated Digital HD UV Filter, Variable Neutral Density Filter (ND2 – ND400), Universal Lens Cap Keeper, Microfiber Cloth
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format; Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Element; Super Spectra Coating; 1:1 Magnification, 11.8″ Min. Focus
2. K&F Concept 67mm Variable ND2-ND400 ND Lens Filter (1-9 Stops) for Camera Lens, Adjustable Neutral Density Filter with Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- 【Includes】 K&F CONCEPT 67MM Adjustable Neutral Density Professional Photography Filter ND2~400 + Professional Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- 【Professional Design】 Using Super Slim Original Design to Avoid Vignetting When You Taking Photo.
- 【Popular Compatible Lens】 CANON Rebel (T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XT XTi XSi SL1), CANON EOS (700D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 300D 1100D 1000D 100D) with 67MM Lens wich include: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, EF-S 17-85mm f/4L USM,EF 70-300MM F/4-5.6L IS USM, EF 35mm f/2 IS USM.
- 【Material】 67MM Variable ND Filter: Made by Completed Professional Optical Glasses instead of Optical Resin. Microfiber: This Professional Microfiber made by Japanese Raw Material, very soft and easy to cleaning lens, filters，glasses and mobile etc.
- 【NOTE】 This Filter kit is compatible with all 67mm lenses. Please verify your camera’s lens thread size before ordering. Your camera’s lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a “ø” (diameter) symbol.
3. Tiffen 82VND 82 Millimeter Variable ND Filter
- Made with high quality optical glass using Tiffen’s color core technology
- Wider outer optic to help reduce vignetting at wide angles
- Thin profile ring: 9 millimeter
- Made in the USA
- Provides 2 to 8 stops of light control
4. K&F Concept 82mm Variable ND Lens Filter ND3-ND1000 (1.5-10 Stops), Putter Adjustable HD Neutral Density Filter with 28 Multi-Layer Coatings for Ca
- 【Waterproof & Scratch Resistant】Both glass sides of the variable nd lens filter with multi-layer hydrophobic, oil-proof, and scratch-resistant coating, protecting the nd filter from all round, suitable for adventure use.
- 【No Vignetting】The filter designed with an ultra-wide-angle design, the ultra-slim frame is only 7.4mm, supporting in 16mm telephoto and wide-angle lens no vignetting, due to the difference in lens type and focal length so this filter might be met dark”X” cross, this isn’t the quality problem, it can disappear via rotating the filter.
- 【Note】This nd filter is compatible with all 82mm lenses. Please verify your camera’s lens thread size before ordering. This number beside the “ø” (diameter) symbol is the lens size.
- 【Import Optical Glass】This ND filter is made by importing Japanese AGC optical glass, a total of 28 multi-layer coatings, effectivly reducing reflection from the filter itself and glarings, ensuring high-quality image.
- 【Putter Adjustable Design】Frame designed as a putter can help you accurately adjust the stop, for video shooting users can automatically adjust the stop via auxiliary tools, each stop from ND3 to ND1000 be marked on the frame conveniently for 360-degree rotation to adjust the stop, multi-scene application.
5. K&F Concept 52mm Variable ND Filter ND2-ND32 Camera Lens Filter (1-5 Stops) No X Cross HD Neutral Density Filter with 28 Multi-Layer Coatings Water
- 【Material】ND Filter: Made by importing Japanese AGC glass, the filter reduces the intake of light without affecting the overall color balance. For this 52mm ND filter the lens cap/hood should be 55mm. Because of the update of the product’s package, the new and the old version will be sent randomly.
- 【No “X” cross on images】Say goodbye to the “X” cross on images, K&F Concept utilizes cutting-edge technology you’re going to say goodbye to variable ND filters common issue on wide-angle lenses.
- 【Professional Design】Ultra slim frame designed for preventing wide angle vignetting. CNC-Non-Slip aviation aluminum frame ensuring durability and jamming prevention.
- 【NOTE】This filter is compatible with all 52mm lenses. Please verify your camera’s lens thread size(usually marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath the lens cap) before ordering. The number is always preceded by a “ø” (diameter) symbol.
- 【NANOTEC】Our optical engineers developed new nano-coating 28 layer technology, waterproof, scratch-resistant, anti-reflective green coating, effectively prevent from oil, fingerprint, scratch, protecting the valued lens.
6. K&F Concept 67mm Variable Neutral Density Filter ND8-ND2000 (3-11stop) Hydrophobic Adjustable ND Filter with 24 Multi-Layer Coatings for Camera Len
- 【Note】 This size nd filter is compatible with all 67mm lenses. Please verify your camera’s lens thread size before ordering. This number is always preceded by a “ø” (diameter) symbol.
- 【ND8-ND2000 Filter Function】: Enables slow shutter speeds to be used to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, providing a silky smooth affect to flowing water. Reconmends it using in sunrise, sunset shooting.
- 【Ultra-Slim】: The filter frame is only 7.4mm, super lightweight CNC- non slip frame helps install and take off the filter quickly.
- 【Premium Material】 Made by import AGC Japanese Optical glass, Rotating between ND8 to ND2000 , adjustable from3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11 stops, reduces the amount of enter light without effecting colour balance.
- 【24 Multi-Layer Coatings】：24 layer green coatings to help repel water and dust, reducing the amount of light that hits your camera sensor, giving you the chance to experiment different creative possibilities.
7. Canon Drop-In Variable Neutral Density Filter A
- Prolong shutter speeds
- Country of Origin:Taiwan
- For use with Canon drop-in filter mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Control exposure in movies
8. NiSi 82mm True Color ND-Vario | 1-5 Stops Variable Neutral Density Filter | Photography and Videography
- Can be combined on the front with 82mm Swift System Filters, OR 95mm standard thread filters (larger front thread to avoid vignetting on wider lenses)
- Variable 0.3 to 1.5 Neutral Density, Reduces Exposure by 1 to 5 Stops with a True Color result that avoids color shift seen in other Variable filters
- Exposure Range-Control Filter Ring with Hard Stops at Each End, An optional rotating lever that can be removed
- Variable Neutral Density Filter Offering Greater Control Over Exposure Settings, Allows Reduce Shutter Speeds and Wider Apertures
- No “X” Effect High Definition optical glass Nano Coating, Waterproof and Anti-Reflective Coating
9. Hoya SOLAS 77mm Variable Neutral Density Filter, 1.3-stops to 8.7-stops
- Excellent for photographers and filmmakers needing to precisely control exposure in bright and challenging conditions.
- Produces Sharp and Glare-free images by using only the highest quality Japanese optical glass, ultra-thin polarization films, and proprietary Hoya mulit-coatings.
- Front filter threads accept additional filters, original lens caps, and also works with most manufacturers lens hoods
- Eliminates color shift throughout the density range by taking advantage of an exclusive Depolarization layer in the optical design to produce the most color consistent variable neutral density filter.
- Rotating the outer ring allows you to control density from ND2.5 to ND450 – 1.3 stops to 8.7 stops
10. NEEWER 67mm Variable ND Filter ND2-ND32 (1-5 Stops) Adjustable Neutral Density Camera Lens Filter, HD Optical Glass/30 Layer Nano Coated/Ultra Sli
- 【Variable ND2-ND32 Camera Lens Filters】 This 67mm variable camera lens filter features 5 stops of exposure brightness, from ND2, ND4, ND8, ND16 to ND32 (the numbers represent how much light enters the lens in terms of a fraction). Use this filter to gain more control over exposure and shutter speed when shooting rivers, waterfalls, light trails, etc
- 【Professional Build】 The aircraft grade aluminum frame makes the filter lightweight. 0.37″/9.5mm thick (including thread, 0.29″/7.4mm thick excluding thread), this ultra slim filter helps avoid vignetting. Finished in black matte and CNC precisely machined, it is durable and has zero chance of being jammed on lens
- 【No X cross dark spot】 With markers on the frame, rotate the filter to accurately adjust ND stop with ease. When mounted on wide angle lens, no need to worry about X cross dark spot. A 72mm lens cap is required to fit on the 67mm filter
- 【Multi Layer Nano Coated HD Optical Glass】 Made of premium Japanese AGC optical glass, the high definition ND filter delivers cinematic photo look without distorting image quality. The 30 layers of double sided Nano coatings, with 0.1% minimum light reflectivity, reduce flare and ghosting while protecting the filter against moisture, oil, dust, and scratches
- 【About its Compatibility】 This 67mm ND filter can only fit 67mm camera lens. Please confirm the filter thread size marked on your camera with the “Ф” (diameter) symbol before ordering. When mounted on camera, the ND filter also protects your camera lens from scratches. Protective case and cleaning cloth also included
How to Choose the Best variable neutral density filter? Buying Considerations
There are a lot of factors to consider when purchasing a product. Here are a few guidelines on how to choose the best
product for you:
When choosing a variable neutral density filter, always be sure to read reviews first. This will give you a better idea of what the product is actually like and if it is right for you.
Keep in mind that not all reviews will be accurate, so take them with a grain of salt. Also, don’t just read the positive variable neutral density filter reviews; be sure to read the negative ones as well. This will give you a more well-rounded view of the product.
Checking reviews from other customers can be helpful in getting an idea of quality, durability, and satisfaction.
When working with any type of product, it is essential to be aware of safety considerations. This includes
understanding how it works and being aware of potential hazards. It is also important to wear the proper
safety gear when working with machinery.
Design of the variable neutral density filter
It is important to consider the user’s needs and preferences when making decisions about the design of a
variable neutral density filter. The user should always be the focus, and their experience should be the priority.
While using the variable neutral density filter, the user interface should be intuitive and easy to use. The user should feel
in control at all times, and any required actions should be self-explanatory.
So before choosing any product, check out the design of the item.
When making a purchase, always be sure to check the quality of the product. Examine it for any defects or
damage and make sure it is the right size, color, and style for your needs.
If possible, try the product out before you buy it. Checking the quality of the variable neutral density filter before you
purchase it will save you time and money in the long run.
Many people do not consider an item’s price before purchasing it. This can be a mistake, as the price of an
item is often an indication of its quality. In general, the higher the price of an item, the better the
This is not always the case, but it is often true. For this reason, it is important to consider the price of
a variable neutral density filter before purchase.
Build Quality: How Good is it?
When it comes to purchasing a variable neutral density filter, it is important to consider the build quality. This refers to
how well the product is made and how long it is likely to last. When a product is made with high-quality
materials and construction, it is more likely to stand the test of time.
This is an important factor to consider when making a purchase, as you want to be sure that you are getting
your money’s worth.
Check the Specifications
The specs will tell you what the product is made of, how it works, and what it is compatible with. They will
also give you an idea of the quality of the product.
It is important to read the specs carefully and make sure that you understand them before making a purchase
of a right variable neutral density filter.
If you have any questions, be sure to ask the salesperson or customer service representative. They should be
able to help you understand the product and make sure that you are getting what you need.
Finally, consider the brand. Do you trust the brand? Do you have experience with the brand? Is the brand
reputable? These are all important factors to consider when making a purchase.
We have compiled a brief answer section for the most popular questions we found about the variable neutral density filter over
Is the variable neutral density filter Worth the Money?
When it comes to whether or not a product is worth the money, it really depends on the individual. Some
people are more than happy to spend a little extra on a product if it means getting something of higher
quality, while others are more budget-conscious and prefer to save money where they can.
Ultimately, it really comes down to personal preference and what you value most. If you place higher
importance on quality, then you may be willing to spend a bit more on a variable neutral density filter. However, if you’re
more focused on saving money, then you may be more likely to choose a cheaper option.
Either way, both choices have pros and cons, so weighing your options and deciding what’s best for you is
Is this the Right Time to Buy a New variable neutral density filter
If you’re asking yourself whether it’s time to get a new variable neutral density filter, the answer is probably yes. Here are
a few signs that it’s time for an upgrade:
- Your current product is no longer supported.
- You’re using an old version of the variable neutral density filter.
- The product is no longer compatible with your system.
- You’re not using all the features of the product.
- The product is no longer meeting your needs.
If any of these apply to you, it’s probably time to start shopping for a new product. Don’t wait too long, or
you’ll be stuck using an outdated or unsupported product.
What Should be the Price range when you buy a new product?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on various factors, such as the type of
variable neutral density filter, the quality of it, and the market conditions at the time of purchase. However, as a general
rule of thumb, it is advisable to set a budget and stick to it to get the best value for your money.
What is the importance of product quality for buying a variable neutral density filter?
Quality has many essential aspects, including the ability to meet customer expectations and requirements, the
durability and reliability of the product, and the product’s safety. Product quality is important because it
can impact the customer experience, the company’s reputation, and the bottom line.
When choosing a variable neutral density filter, our buying guide and review section will help you find the right match. A few
key points will help you narrow down your choices and make the best decision for your needs. Sometimes, you
get what you pay for. You may have to pay a bit more if you want the best variable neutral density filter for your need.